This Week’s Recipe
Here’s a guilt-free pasta recipe for you! You won’t need a spiral slicer for this one, simply use a regular veggie peeler – like the kind you would use to peel the skin from a potato – to create long, flat zucchini noodles. This recipe has a scrumptious, nutty flavor that will make you forget all about traditional noodles. Feel free to serve with some sliced chicken breast, sliced hard-boiled eggs or steak for added protein. Enjoy!
What you need
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon almond flour
4 large zucchinis, peeled with a veggie peeler
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
1 Tablespoon minced parsley
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, about two minutes. Add the coconut oil, and once it’s melted, add the almond flour and a pinch of salt.
2. Stir often with a wooden spoon, until it’s toasty brown, about two minutes. Remove crumbs from the pan and save for garnish.
3. In the same skillet, add the peeled zucchini noodles. Sauté them until just tender, about one to two minutes. Turn heat to low.
4. In a new pan on low heat, combine olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring with a spoon until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
5. Transfer the zucchini noodles to garlic and oil mixture. Toss and stir until they’re coated.
6. Turn off the heat and add parsley, salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle with almond flour crumbs before serving. Enjoy!
165 calories, 12g fat, 72mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 6g protein
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter to your friends, family, and coworkers.
CrossFit Edge Head Trainer and Owner
FitBody 360 Metabolic Specialist and Owner
CrossFit Level 2 Certified
USA Weightlifting Level 2 Certified
NASM CPT, PES, CES
Kettlebell Concepts Level 1 Certified